Content to Improve B2B Lead Generation
Your potential prospects, the consumers of today, will venture online in their own time to find information about your business. They will conduct thorough research to ascertain whether or not your company has the necessary expertise and knowledge, as well as how well endorsed it is by others.
However, with the vast amount of information that exists online, capturing the attention of your potential prospects can be somewhat difficult.
With this considered, your business’ approach to capturing the attention of your potential prospects must be built on providing them with high-quality, unique and relevant content which is keyword optimised and easy to be found.
In doing so, not only will you set your business apart from the competition, but also help prospects to identify their problem and demonstrate your business’ understanding of it.
Ask yourself these questions:
1. Do you provide valuable, useful and comprehensive content which sets you apart from the competition?
2. Do you demonstrate your industry expertise and persuade prospects to choose your business?
High quality content serves as a means to develop profitable customer action, but also helps your business to:
- Develop brand awareness: As you regularly produce content and share it on social media channels, you amplify the reach, exposure and visibility of your business online, helping your business to build a name for itself and drive traffic back to your website.
- Provide value: The content you create should be aligned with your business’ buyer personas and therefore address a particular pain point or issue they are experiencing. By producing free, high-quality, informative content which helps your potential prospects to diagnose and understand their problem, you not only earn the trust of your prospects, but also position your business as a source of industry authority and expertise.
- Optimise your website: High-quality, consistent content around topics relevant to your industry helps to build your website’s authority in the eyes of Google, as well as expand your website, giving your pages more opportunities to rank on the first SERP. Google loves fresh content - and good quality content will register higher in SERPs than older, low-value content.
- Increase traffic to your website: As you produce content which is keyword optimised for specific topics relating to the problems your prospects are experiencing, you can gradually develop a stream of targeted traffic back to your website - increasing your overall lead generation activity.
- Improved customer retention and acquisition: Even after you have secured a sale and delighted your customers, delivering them regular, high-quality content will continue to build their trust in you - and encourage them to recommend your business to friends, acquaintances and business associates experiencing problems you can solve.
High quality, relevant and informative content formulates the backbone of your marketing activity. It allows you to capture the attention of potential prospects, drive traffic back to your website, and increase your overall sales lead generation activity.
At every point of your marketing activity, you should be considering how you can develop content pieces and assets which will help you to drive your prospects down your sales funnel and encourage them to work with your business.
It’s all about providing your potential prospects with real, unique value. Write with that in mind - and you will definitely succeed!
Find out more about B2B Content Creation and how it can improve your business’ sales lead generation activity.
The B2B Marketing Lab is an international Inbound Marketing consultancy and the only HubSpot Certified Platinum Partner to be based in London, UK. Founded in 2012 as part of the itpr Group, the business has grown exponentially by helping B2B organisations to transform their digital marketing strategy, through Inbound Marketing and HubSpot.
The B2B Marketing Lab provides services and consultancy in lead generation, content marketing, lead nurturing, website design & build and demand generation services from its offices located in Central London and Singapore.
The B2B Marketing Lab is 100% Inbound, 1,000% HubSpot!
Phone: +44 (0)20 7183 0288